4 day trip to the Wine Routes of Dionysus and Pella-Goumenissa
Adults: €195 per adult
Children: €195 per child
1. This trip is aimed at friends of wine tourism and gastronomy.
2. Visitors could follow one of the Wine Routes of Northern Greece, follow part of a route or choose a combination between different Routes.
3. The Wine Routes of Northern Greece are eight: the Olympian Gods, Epirus, Lakes, Naoussa, Pella-Goumenissa, Thessaloniki, Halkidiki and Dionysus.
4. Making a reservation at the wineries and hotels is recommended.
5. The programme could be changed according the point and time of departure and arrival, adding or eliminating options.
6. The above programme recommends businesses, which are members of the Wineroads network, following the route Thessaloniki – Kavala – Drama – Serres – Goumenissa – Thessaloniki, a combination of the Wine routes of Dionysus and Pella-Goumenissa.
7. Along the above wine routes there are more recommended businesses worth visiting if time allows, depending on the final schedule of the trip.
8. In both of the wine routes there are more possibilities for visitors, such as visits to archaeological places (i.e. Philippi, Pella), caves (i.e. Maara, Alistrati), churches, monasteries and outdoor activities options such as horse riding, cycling, rafting, hiking, climbing and others
1st day Around 9 a.m.
Departure from Thessaloniki or from the airport of Kavala `Megas Alexandros`, to Kokkinohori in Kavala (1 hour).
Arrival at the `Biblia Chora Estate`. Tour of the winery and wine tasting. (1,5 – 2 hours).
Departure to Kariani in Kavala (10`). Tour and wine tasting at `Chatzigeorgiou Estate` (1 hour).
Departure to Korifes in Kavala (45`) – Lunch at the recommended restaurant ‘Orino’.
Departure to Mikrohori in Drama (30`). Tour and wine tasting at the `Wine Art Estate` (1,5 hours).
Departure to Drama, for a walk around town (1,5 hours in total).
Departure to Taxiarhes (15`). Overnight stay at the recommended hotel ‘Jennifer Home Hotel’. Dinner at the restaurant `4 Epohes` (Four seasons) in the city of Drama
2nd day Around 10 a.m.
Departure to Kokkinogia (30`). Tour and wine tasting at the `Pavlidis Estate`. (1 – 1,5 hours) Tour and tasting at the `Productive Co-op of the Women of Kokkinogia`(30`)
Departure to the town of Serres. Lunch at the recommended restaurants:`Anatolikos` in Serres, `Dodeka Mines` (Twelve Months) in Ano Orini or`Hayiati` at the 19th km Serres – Lailias (1 hour to Serres – 1,5 hours to Ano Orini and Lailias)
Departure to Ampeloi in Serres. (Time from Serres: 30`) Tour and wine tasting at the `Apostoli’s Vineyard` (1 hour)
Departure to Ano Poroia (1 hour) *. For your stay we recommend the traditional guesthouse `Viglatoras`. Dinner at the fish tavern ‘Pestrofes’, upon request. * Alternatively, you can choose Pontokerasia village and hotel `Kroussia` for your overnight stay and dinner.
3rd day Around 10 a.m.
Departure from the hotel Visit the ‘Traditional Organic Pasta’ local shop in Ano Poroia (for organic pasta and pasta made with buffalo milk) and ‘Hasapaki’ in Rodopoli (for buffalo meat quality products) (1,5 hours).
Departure to Goumenissa (1 hour) Tour and wine tasting at the `Aidarini Winery` (45’) Lunch at the recommended restaurant ‘To Tzaki’ and coffee at the ‘Diatiriteo’café-bar, at the Goumenissa central square. Tour and wine tasting at the `Tatsis`, `Boutari` and `Chatzivaritis` wineries. (3-3,5 hours) For your overnight you can choose between hotel `Dimosthenis` close to the central square of Goumenissa and hotel `Moschopolis` 25` from Goumenissa. Dinner at the restaurant of hotel `Moschopolis`.
4th day Around 10 a.m.
Departure from hotel at 10:00. Tour and tasting at the local products shop ‘Goumenisses’ (45`).
Departure to Giannitsa (40`). Tour and wine tasting at `Domaine Ligas` (1 hour) Stop for a coffee or light lunch at the ‘Anatoli tis Disis’ bistrot in Giannitsa.
Departure to Thessaloniki (1 hour from Goumenissa) or Thessaloniki airport `Macedonia` (1 hour and 15`)